Manage yourself and inspire your Team
Modern human resources and leadership techniques are as relevant in a school setting as they are in private business. Our MDSO course is aimed at Head- and Deputy Head teachers of all types of educational institution, as well as any other school staff responsible for the development of their colleagues, and shows how these ideas can be integrated into a school environment.
Who is it for?
School management and teaching staff keen on developing themselves and colleagues.
By the end of your course you will have
- acquired new ideas and techniques
- learnt how to better manage your team
- pushed your language limits
- made contacts
- become part of a network
Modern human resources and leadership techniques are as relevant in a school or college setting as they are in business. Our MDSO course is aimed at Head- and Deputy Head teachers of all types of educational institution, as well as any other school staff responsible for the development of their colleagues, and shows how these ideas can be integrated into a school environment. We start from the premise that in order to develop others, you must first know your own strengths, weaknesses and personality traits, and move on to explore practical ways of motivating, managing and raising awareness of colleagues’ character traits.
Training is conducted by tutors experienced in management techniques, and informed by the latest ideas and literature. The course includes language lessons, delivered by teachers with a minimum TEFLI-level qualification, to enable participants to operate effectively in an international environment, as well as independent group work sessions for further exploration and sharing of ideas. In addition to more traditional methods of management, the course explores new electronic and online tools to facilitate more effective development.
To ensure the course runs smoothly and that all participants can take part in the activities, a minimum B1 English level is highly recommended. The minimum age for participants on our courses is 23.
- Introductions - Get to know your fellow participants, the school, course and area
- Human Resource Management and Leadership in the 21st Century - An overview of issues involved in modern human resources
- Individual Differences and Diversity - How knowing yourself and others can lead to more effective cooperation
- Learning and Development - Practical ideas and resources for progressing yourself and your colleagues
- Work Motivation and Job Satisfaction - Ways of creating an inspiring and satisfying work environment
- Language Development - Improve your command of English
- Group Work
- Presentation of Group Work and Feedback - A chance to present your group findings and discuss further issues with tutors and peers
Class size and times
Class size may vary to a maximum of 15 participants per classroom. Input sessions are usually in the mornings, starting at 9 am. Language development lessons take place in the afternoons. For more information, please check the timetable here.
- Monday, 13th May - Friday, 17th May 2019
- Monday, 2nd December - Friday, 6th December 2019
Your school can apply to cover your course fees as part of an Erasmus+ programme. Click here to download ADC's pricelist >