Improve your English language skills
Our language development course is aimed at improving teachers’ English language skills so as to provide them with the confidence and abilities needed to support their teaching and students. We focus on different skills and systems, such as listening, speaking, grammar and vocabulary, and every class includes opportunities for discussion. These will help raise teachers’ awareness of how to use the approaches and activities presented in their own classrooms.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Teachers interested in improving their English language level and developing professionally.
Our Language Development course is aimed at improving teachers’ language skills so as to provide them with the confidence and abilities needed to support their teaching and students.
Delivered by TEFLQ-qualified tutors, the first part of the sessions focuses on different skills and systems, such as listening, speaking, grammar and vocabulary, and every class includes opportunities for discussion. These will help raise teachers’ awareness of how to reuse some of the approaches and activities presented with their own students. Incorporating plenary sessions for open discussion at the end of each lesson offers all participants the opportunity to exchange ideas with attendees from different countries and schools, as well as develop professionally. At the end of the course, teachers receive an invitation to our forum, allowing them to keep in touch, cooperate and exchange resources and ideas. Along with the morning language sessions, our course provides participants with the opportunity to take part in two afternoon “clubs” to explore some aspects of British culture. These are one-hour sessions where teachers can enjoy free conversation around a specific topic, as well as experience a “taste” of British life.
By the end of your course you will have:
- acquired new ideas and techniques
- practised your speaking, listening and reading skills
- expanded your vocabulary
- consolidated your grammar knowledge
- learnt elements of British culture
- become more confident using English
- made contacts
- become part of a network
During the week teachers can choose to attend up to two tutorials, i.e. 20-minute individual sessions with the tutors, to focus on the participants’ specific language needs. Tutorials are an opportunity to discuss teachers’ strengths and weaknesses in English, as well as analyse their language skills (e.g. teachers can bring examples of their written work or focus on tenses, pronunciation, etc.)
This course is for participants whose current level of English is B1 (CEFR). For teachers whose level is higher than B1, we strongly recommend one of our professional development courses. The minimum age for participants on our courses is 23.
- Introductions - Get to know your fellow teachers, the school, course and area
- Reading – Improve your reading skills and focus on some new vocabulary
- Speaking – Work on making fewer grammar and vocabulary mistakes and build your confidence
- Grammar – Increase your confidence using key structures in different situations
- Listening – Improve your listening skills and improve your vocabulary at the same time
- Pronunciation – Become better at understanding and using British English pronunciation
- Vocabulary – Learn and practice using new words in context
CLASS SIZE AND TIMES
Class size may vary to a maximum of 15 participants per classroom. Input sessions are usually in the mornings, starting at 9 am. Clubs take place in the afternoons. For more information, please check the timetable here.
Temporarily no courses scheduled.
Your school can apply to cover your course fees as part of an Erasmus+ programme. Click here to download ADC's pricelist >