Erasmus + funding for Teacher Training Courses
What Is Erasmus +?
Erasmus+ is a programme initiated by the European Union that helps teachers who wish to come to ADC College for teacher training to develop themselves professionally. The Erasmus+ programme pays or contributes to your costs such as flights, course fees, accommodation and travel expenses.
Who Can Apply For Erasmus +?
Your school can apply for funding for you and your colleagues (teachers, headmasters, administrators). Every year, there is a deadline to apply for teacher training and development funding (usually February) for programmes that run from June of that year to May the following year. Please note that it is your school that applies for funding, it is not possible to apply as an individual.
How Can My School Apply?
Your school must fill in the official Erasmus+ Application Form (Key Action 1) and outline how the school will use the money you receive. Your application needs to be sent to the institution representing the European Union in your country – the National Agency. Your National Agency’s website will give you advice on how to apply successfully for financial help for teacher training with ADC College. Click here to find the National Agency for your country >
What Is Important?
The key areas to consider in your application are outlined in the Erasmus+ Programme Guide. To summarise, you should think about:
- Relevance of the project: How does the teacher development course at ADC College relate to the priorities of the Erasmus + mobility project and meet the needs and objectives of the participating organisations and individual participants? How are high-quality learning outcomes guaranteed? To what extent is the international scope of the participating organisation reinforced?
- Quality of the project design and implementation: How are the participants appropriately selected and prepared for the teacher training course at ADC College? How does the course fit the one/two year European Development Plan of the organisation? How are the learning outcomes recognised? How is the course being arranged, managed and supported?
- Impact and dissemination: What measures are being used to evaluate the success of the project? What is the impact of the project on the individual and the participating organisation? What dissemination will occur after the course?
When Will I Know If My School Is Successful?
Your school will be notified during the summer following your application. You can then take part in teacher training programmes of your choice.
Is It Difficult To Get Erasmus + Funding?
Naturally, your National Agency will want you to put a lot of effort into your application for course funding. But you should not feel discouraged – thousands of schools apply successfully for funding every year.
Can I Take Part In ADC Courses Without Erasmus + Funding?
Of course you can! We are happy to have you take part in ADC College's teacher training courses regardless of how you finance your course.
What are My Next steps?
- Select a teacher training/development course and contact ADC
- Find out if other colleagues of yours would like to take part, too
- Speak to your headmaster - find out if your school has experience with Erasmus+, if not:
- Get in touch with your National Agency. They are happy to help you and can explain everything you need to know.
- Apply for funding (deadline in February)
- Come to ADC!
If you have any additional questions, feel free to fill in the contact form below or call Ms Veni Lazarova on +44 20 8424 9424.